Monday, May 13, 2013

1.05 - Apologize


The cold doesn’t really get to Blaine like it does to the other kids at school, or to his mom. Yes he can feel it, but it doesn’t make his toes numb and it doesn’t make him sick. He likes the cold, and he loves playing in the thick snow from dawn until dusk.



He also likes to keep his days busy, because his nights are always the same. He can’t sleep through one entire night without waking up from a nightmare. On the lucky nights, he can’t remember what he sees and can fall right back asleep. Other nights, like tonight, he remembers what he dreamt and he doesn’t like it.




Alexis has long days at work, and Hassim takes up whatever free time she doesn’t spend with her son. But even then she’s aware of Blaine’s nightmares, and they worry her. 

She leaves the bedroom they share not long after he does, and joins him on the couch. But before she can ask him how he’s doing, he breaks the silence.

“Please don’t tell Mr. Leone about the baby.”




“Baby?” She couldn’t have heard him right. “Blaine, what are you talking about? I’m not having another baby.”




“Yes you are.” He states. “And if you tell Mr. Leone, bad stuff is goanna happen. And you’re going to be sad. And I don’t want you to be sad, mommy.”




Alexis feels her stomach drop. She’s already determined that her son must have gained some kind of precognitive sight, as it isn’t unheard of for some witches to have the sight. But she’s never heard of a witch her son’s age developing it, and the increasing severity of what he’s seen worries her. 

“Sweetheart, emotions are just another part of sim life. No one can be happy all the time, not you, and not me. If you saw something bad, I appreciate the warning, but its still going to happen. The sight never lies.”




“So you’re not mad at me?” He wonders. 

She sighs and stands up, pulling him in for a hug. “I’m not mad at you. I could never be mad at you. Now come on, lets get you back to bed.”




They can’t afford many books, so all the ones Alexis is willing to buy need to be educational and dull. But Blaine doesn’t mind reading logic 101 as long as his mom is the one reading it to him.




That night, Alexis dreams of babies, and what Blaine’s vision will mean for her future. Its not that she doesn’t want another child, it would be good for Blaine to have a younger sibling, but she didn’t need him to have a vision to know that this will lead to some changes in her relationship with Hassim.




She starts showing the next afternoon, right before work ends and gets sent home on maternity leave. 

When some sims are presented with a vision, they’ll do anything to change it. But Alexis knows that she has no choice but to tell Hassim. He’d find out sooner or later anyway.




He arrives within a few minutes, rushing out the door as soon as he can be sure his son is out for a nap. 

“I can’t say this is... entirely unexpected.” He begins cautiously, eying her belly. “There was always a chance contraception would fail at least once.”

Alexis swallows nervously. “Are you mad?”




“How could I be mad?” He asks, smiling to himself as he places a hand on her stomach. “Every child is a miracle, and I look forward to meeting the fruit of our love, my love. I just hope they look like you.”

“Why?”

“You live next door to my wife, my love. If our child looks like me there may be awkward questions asked that neither of us would like to answer.”




A part of her always knew he wouldn’t leave his wife, but hearing him plan to keep the lie on going really cuts at her. She knows now why Blaine asked her not to tell Hassim about the baby, but she also knows what she has to do.

“Hassim, I’m done hiding from Amaya. Either you’re telling her or I am.”




He stands straight up abruptly, face suddenly serious again. “Why would you do that? I thought you loved me.”




“I do love you!” She assures him. “I’ve loved you so much almost since the day we met, but I can’t go through with raising your child next door to your wife when she’s my best friend. I can’t keep betraying her like this.”

“You were fine with it last night, what happened?”

“Last night I had hope one day you might leave her and marry me. That we might some day be a family and I’d be able to forget how much I hurt my only friend. But now? I can’t, Hassim, I just can’t.”




“I really thought you were better than this, Alexis.” He growls angrily. “Fine. I’ll tell my wife tonight that she was right and we’ve been having an affair. Enjoy life on the streets, because you know Amaya won’t allow you to stay here any longer. And I really don’t fell like fighting for you now that you’re told me your true feelings towards me.”




Alexis hadn’t meant for him to believe she didn’t love him. She did, she does... but its too late now. But surely she did the right thing... right?




During the day, Blaine is a normal boy who enjoys normal things. His mom can’t afford to buy him many toys, but the library is right by his school so he tends to run over there the evenings he doesn’t have scouts to use their public educational toys. 




Blaine knows his mom told Mr. Leone about the baby already, and that bad stuff is happening, but he didn’t know the bad stuff would effect him too. It almost breaks him heart when Zinna calls him in tears, saying that her mom won’t let her hang out with him anymore.




Imagine Blaine’s surprise when Zinna shows up at his house not 20 minutes after hanging up the phone.

“I thought your mom said you couldn’t come over anymore.”

“I know.” Zinna answers with a sly smile. “So?”




He laughs and pulls her in for a hug, happy that at least for the moment everything is happy and good. “I’m glad you’re here.”




“I have to go soon.” She states as she pulls away. “But I’m here now, and I’ll be here again. We’re besties, Blaine. No one can change that.”




Blaine isn’t so sure about that, but Zinna is older. Maybe she knows something he doesn’t. Or maybe this is all just from a dream he can’t remember.



As Zinna and Blaine head out through the back door to play in the snow, Amaya enters through the front.





Alexis meets her outside of her suite, blocking her view of the backyard where the kids are playing. There’s no way Zinna is here with permission from her mom, and Alexis has caused enough damage to that family already. 

“Evening, Amaya. How are you?”




“As good as I can be considering I just found out my best friend has been fucking my husband behind my back! Alex, how the fuck could you? I thought we were friends! We practically raised our children together!”

Alexis opens her mouth to speak, but Amaya cuts her off immediately. 

“No, you don’t get to talk. It’s my turn. I want you and your son out of here by tomorrow night. I’m sorry to do this to the poor boy, but I can’t have my husband’s mistress living next door. Go quietly or I’ll call the cops.”




She saw this coming, but only a day? How is she going to find a place to live in only a day? And during the winter holiday as well!

“There’s no need to call the cops, Amaya. I’ll leave quietly. I’m... I’m sorry.”



---

A lil late, Alexis. Just saying. 

I'm contemplating an heir vote for generation 2. Eventually.

15 comments:

  1. Ooh this is getting juicer and juicer! I hope Alexis is able to find a place quick because how awful would it be to be pregnant with a child and HOMELESS?! oy vey. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She won't be homeless, cause even I'm not that cruel. But things will of course be difficult for a while.

      Delete
  2. I feel bad that she's going to wind up a single mom to another kid, and that she's going to have to find a new place to live and everything, but the fact is that she really does deserve it. She's been doing a very bad thing, and someone was always going to get hurt. I just hope that Amaya kicks Hassim out, too. Not so that Alexis takes him back, but because he's a massive douche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hassim is def a giant douche, but I'ma let SP handle that couple itself. Hassim has a reputation now, so we'll see if anything happens.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Wow. Poor Blaine. To see what's about to happen in his life and world isn't going to be pretty or fun and then have it start to happen for real has got to be a pretty big burden to carry. At least Zinna still wants to be his friend.
    And no matter, Alexis did the right thing making Hassim come clean to his wife. It may not have been prety, but it was the right thing to do. But, Phew! Hassim turned out to be a bigger dick than I thought! Wasn't he just considering leaving his wife for Alexis not that long ago? Just cause it's not your timing doesn't make it entirely Alexis' fault. Douchy move dude. And with a baby on the way too. Youch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Hassim was definitely considering leaving Amaya for Alexis, but in his mind he did it without Amaya finding out he was cheating on her so he couldn't be the "bad guy". Alexis made him face that what he was doing was wrong and he didn't like that.

      Delete
  4. Ouch, I know Alexis was wrong to sleep with her friend's husband but that doesn't make it ok for Amaya to force her out of her home. As for Hassim, it sounds to me like all his talk about leaving his wife was just that - talk - and he was only saying it to keep Alexis sleeping with him. I feel really bad for Blaine though - to know in advance the bad things which are going to happen and to not be able to change them must be a terrible burden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blaine's burden is definitely going to be getting worse as time goes on. If he could believe that he could change things, they might be easier. But knowing that he can do nothing? Its going to be hard on him.

      Delete
  5. Too little too late indeed!
    Everyone has already said what I wanted to say, so... What they said.

    And I want to pass on my best wished to the Love family and their househunt.
    And yeah, I want Amaya to kick Hassim out too, and Alexis to tell him he can't stay with her.
    Bye dickhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house hunt goes well, and you'll see it next chapter. : )

      Delete
  6. I feel so bad for Blaine, having to know what he knows, especially so young. Imagine knowing about your mother's affair with your best friend's father and that's she having a baby before she knows. I can't.

    I do think Alexis kind of deserves the yelling from Amaya and I can't really blame Amaya at all. Hassim is a douche though and I'll be glad he is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think thanks to Blaine's age, knowing his mom was having an affair wasn't that terrible. As he doesn't know who his "father" is, he doesn't have a sense of betrayl from it. He just knew that Mr. Leone made his mom happy and that the baby hurt that.

      As he gets older though, his visions make start hitting him even worse.

      Delete
  7. Poor Blaine. :( I can't blame Amaya for being mad at her "friend." But where are the same feelings of rage toward her husband? Takes two to tango...and they're both at fault here. Hope Hassim rots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really don't like Hassim now. Telling Amaya was the right thing, and she probably would have figured it out if they hadn't told her anyway.

    I like that Zinna still wants to be friends with Blaine; she's really nice, though she will probably get in trouble for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...Hassim is a rat bastard, but Amaya was totally justified in her anger towards Alexis. I feel the saddest for Blaine and Zinna.

    ReplyDelete