Sunday, August 4, 2013

2.01 - Don't You Worry Child


Its been 10 years since Alexis left for her mission, and for a long time, it didn’t look like she was coming back.

At first, Blaine told himself that it was just a matter of time before she came back. Something had held her back on her mission, is all. She’d be home in time for Bay and Beacan’s birthday just like she promised.



But as the days turned to weeks, it became clear something was wrong. Eventually, her partner, Eduardo Gilscarbo was arrested under suspicion of selling information about her mission to the very people she was sent to spy on, and while no one ever told Blaine what was really going on, he knew it couldn’t be good.

Weeks became months, and while the police force gave Blaine and his siblings money to live, it wasn’t close to enough. In between school and raising them, Blaine had to work part time at the local diner.




The months became years, and Bay and Beacan became children under the watchful eye of their brother. The father and their father’s wife were always around as well, wanting to help but Blaine was always the one they thought of as family. He took care of them, he sacrificed for them, and he never stopped making them feel loved.




Alexis became just a distant memory. One that occasionally made Blaine wake up from nightmares crying, but a memory none the less. At least, until the day she was found.




It was all thanks to a woman named Dora, a woman who happened to see Alexis while working at a mob party, and happened to recognize her as the beautiful young police officer she’d shared a night with almost half a life time ago. She’d alerted the police to Alexis’ whereabouts, and returned home with her when Alexis needed a shoulder to lean on. 

FInding out she had a son was an unexpected twist for her, but while Alexis recovered, Dora learned to be a mother.




Alexis tried to be a good mother to her twins, but she had been gone for so long and gone through so much. She was a stranger to them, and they were strangers to her. And although they both tried, the distance between the three of them grew and grew. 




It wasn’t until Blaine’s dreams became reality once more that things began to change. It happened a day after Zinna ran away from her parents’ home and Blaine was with her at the hospital, trying to convince her to tell the police what happened. 

Hassim came to the house that same night and stole the twins away, hoping to use their magic to free himself and other genies. He’d tried getting rid of Zinna when it was clear her magic wasn’t strong enough, and then he tried getting rid of Beacan when Bay refused to use her magic. Alexis and the police arrived in time to stop him, but much of the mental damage was already done. 




The move to a new city was Dora’s idea. She had a home in Moonlight Falls that she never really lived in. It had three bedrooms, enough room for everyone, even Zinna who hadn’t wanted to join her brother with distant family following their parents’ trial. 

It was s good chance for a new beginning, a chance for Blaine and Zinna to finally live a life without the responsibilities of growing up too soon, a chance for the twins to feel safe and young, and a chance for Alexis to heal.




“Do you think I’ll get the job?” It isn’t the first time he’s asked her, probably won’t be the last time either. “I mean, I know he liked me, but you know I’m not the best at... well... anything.”




“You’re the best at being a boyfriend.” Zinna points out with a smile, taking his hands in hers to give them a reassuring squeeze. “And you’re the best at cooking, and Mr. Nix will see that and give you the job. Don’t be so hard on yourself, babe.”




“I’m so lucky you’re my girlfriend.” He laughs, holding her in an embrace. “I love you, baby.”




His words make her heart beat faster, a blush rising to her cheeks that almost matches her hair. Trust him to always make her feel awkward and silly, like a silly little girl whose crush is finally noticing her. “You’re silly.” 

She doesn’t echo his words back, but he doesn’t care. She never says them.




Sometimes Zinna would prefer not to be living with her boyfriend’s... mothers. But Alexis offered her a place to stay when she left her parents, and Dora is nothing but kind. Still, it is a little awkward to always feel like she’s intruding on something private whenever she comes down the stairs.




Eew. 

Zinna’s own parents were never together because of love. Her mother saw Hassim as a status update, and Hassim saw her mother as the way to get a child with the magic and the blood needed to set him free. It took Zinna far too long to realize just what lay behind her family’s facade, and while the Loves are kind to her, she won’t make another mistake like that any time soon.




Alexis and Dora don’t even notice as Zinna heads out the front door. While they were never quite dating before Blaine was born, now its a completely different story. Dora’s given up her nomadic lifestyle, and Alexis officially left the force just over a year ago. They share a room, and when Alexis wakes up every night screaming, Dora is there to hold her until the exhaustion wins out and she falls asleep again. Life isn’t perfect, but its still there.




By all appearances, Bayrose and Beacan recovered from their ordeal well. Weakly therapy sessions helped, giving them their freedom to change their looks and choose their friends seemed to move them past the hump. Hassim and Amaya were both in prison, and the move was helping them create new memories. Luckily, their school had a pen pal program with Moonlight Falls Secondary, so they already had a few friends in town, although they were only officially meeting them today.




“So you really managed to pick the best time ever to move here.” Sophie speaks up after the introductions are over and an awkward silence has set in. “The big dance is, like, around the corner.” 

Sophie was the one to set up this whole little meeting, so of course she’d be the first to speak up. She wasn’t Bayrose’s pen pal but Bay still knows plenty about her thanks to her actual pen partner, Fawn Goodfellow. Sophie is noisy, rude, self-absorbed and the biggest diva in the school. She has all the boys eating out of the palm of her hand and her mom married the richest man in the city when she was just a baby so she’s always grown up in the lap of luxury. 




But Bay is careful not to judge the girl so harshly. Who knows what kind of a girl Sophie really is. 

“I’m really hoping Gator Wolff will ask me to go.” Sophie continues, not noticing or not caring when no one else jumps into the conversation. “He’s the leader of the rugby team, you know. He’s got the best hair in the class, and oh Watcher wait til you see his freckles. Absolute cutie.” 

“I’m not really into freckles.” Bayrose answers, trying to continue the conversation. “Who else is in our class?”




“Girls, mostly.” Sophie sighs with a roll of her eyes. “Well, we do have Gem, he’s kind of a cutie. Well, really the cutest guy in class but he’s also such a dork.” 

Fawn’s look of panic alerts Bayrose to some kind of underlying tension there, but she chooses not to comment. 




“Alastair was in our class until last year.” Natalia points out after a moment. Her voice has a slight accent to it that neither twin can really place, but in her letters to Beacan she told him that she and her siblings were from a small island in the middle of the Pacific. She and her twins sisters Nicola had moved here with their brother Alastair only a few years ago. But Beacan found her fascinating for more reasons than just her background, of course.




“So uh... who are your hoping to go with, Natalia?” 




“Mmm... I’ve got my eye on this really cute new boy. I’m hoping he’ll take the hint but from what I’ve gathered by talking to him he’s a bit dense. I really doubt he’ll get the hint.”




Beacan groans in annoyance. “I’m not the only new guy in town? Great. I was really hoping that being THE new guy in town would get me in easy with the girls! Dammit!”




“My brother.” Bayrose sighs, facing the other girls. “The idiot in the family.”




“I take offense to that, sister!” Beacan growls, jumping to his feet, wand at the ready. “Have at thee!”

“Oh stop.” Natalia whines, standing up as well. “I was talking about you and you know it. So are you taking me to the dance or not?”




“Huh?” The surprise is evident on Beacan’s face. “Oh! I mean, yeah. You bet. I’d love to take you to the dance.”




“You’re such a dork.”

“But you think dorks are cute, right?”

“Lucky for you.”




How Beacan continually manages to get beautiful girls to fall for him is a mystery Bayrose will never be able to solve. It’s not like he’s cute. Eww! He’s her dorky brother! All she HAS is dorky brothers! Speaking of which, noticing her oldest brother coming out the front door, she waves him over.




“Hello ladies, Beacan.” Blaine greets as he comes over. “Just wanted to tell you all I’m making spaghetti for dinner if you’d like to join us. I don’t mind setting a few extra places at the table.” 

It takes Nicola, Natalia’s twin sister only a few seconds to recognize his voice as the voice of that cute guy she saw at the diner earlier today.




“U-um hi! I’m Nicola. Nicola Riverhaven. We met at the diner, remember? Well, kinda met. We just said hi and then you had to go for an interview. How was that? I mean, Mr. Nix is kind of a grump sometimes but he means well, and he’s been wanting a new cook for a while, but um... I’m rambling, aren’t I.”




“My sister.” Natalia whispers to Beacan. “The idiot. She always goes for the older guys. Is that the older brother you were telling me about?”




“Yeah...” Beacan sighs, watching the train wreck of Nicola trying and failing to get his brother’s attention. “She should know he’s practically engaged to his girlfriend. They’re even living together.”

“Fantastic. How am I goanna break that one to her?”



---

Heeeey guys. I'm back! Maybe. Game is still acting up like crazy but I was able to do this much so hopefully I can do more. The Gen 2 heir is still up in the air since you lot haven't been able to vote yet, but I'm fixing that right now. 

Click HERE to visit the heir vote page. Honestly I do have a preference for who I want to be heir, but I have plot lines for everyone. Buckley and Heaven have managed to coerce me into giving at least PARTLY happy stories, but thats it. Most of it will still be tragic and/or make you hate the characters. Bay may been making fun of Beacan being the idiot in the family but he really isn't the only one. 

Special thanks to Margaret Pendragon for letting me use her Riverhaven girls (Gosh they're lovely), and to Buckley for the use of her Standpretty Cottage (which is not yet up for download) for some of the pictures. 

20 comments:

  1. It's great to have you back Cece! I hope things run smoother for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. I really hope things go smoother too. I miss being able to write a full generation in one town.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you've been able to get your game working (ish) again.

    Wow, what a lot of trauma for the whole family to go through, I'm glad Dora was in the right place at the right time to get Alexis out and that the two of them have formed a relatioship, I hope it goes well for them.

    I feel so bad for all the kids, Blaine has had to grow up so fast and deal with so much while the twins and Zinna have all been betrayed by their own father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I'd been able to show how good Dora really has been for Alexis. I'll definately try to showcase their relationship in the upcoming chapter(s).

      Hassim was a terrible father to his children, but at least his part in the story is behind them.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back!

    Whew! That was a lot to take in. Blaine is seriously a kick ass older brother and he seems to have done a great job taking care of his younger siblings. And poor Alexis! I'm glad Dora is there to help her through it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blaine is a kick ass older brother. No doubt. Dora has been great for Alexis.

      Delete
  4. After everything they've been through, it's good that the kids, at least, have this semblance of normality: talking about school dances and boys/girls, and just every day happenings at school.

    Also, super yay for going back in time! Do we get to see Gem again, from a different perspective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gem will be around. : ) He's still adorable. And so it Gator. I miss those boys.

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I hope your game continues to behave enough for you to continue your story. So nice to see the twins in action, too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really glad I managed to get to the twins as teens. They're fun characters.

      Delete
  6. Yay you're back! :D

    Wow, didn't everyone grow up pretty? Loving the twists and turns that have happened since we last saw the family, and I think I'll have to re-read later to take it all in (not your fault. Feeling sslloowww today.)

    Am off to go vote for heir now! I hope your preference wins!
    (Is it weird that I recognised Natalia Riverhaven in that edge-of-pic shot she appeared in before she was mentioned? I think it is.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think its weird that you recognizes her. I didn't change anything about her and she's a pretty lovely and unique sim. I mean, that hair colour? One of a kind, man.

      Delete
  7. Yay! Welcome back! =)

    That is quite a journey your sims went through! I'm glad that Alexis and everyone is okay, and Blaine, what a great older brother. Zinna grew up so pretty! She doesn't sound quite as involved emotionally with Blaine as he is with her, I predict some future drama there, lol :P

    I love that you have your new legacy family meeting up with the characters and old family legacy sims, that is such a neat idea! And how fun!

    Gem! <3 He makes the cutest kids. I was disappointed that Spring's (genetic daughter of Gem, lol) kids (Ryder and Niall) didn't get the hair color. :(

    I'm looking forward to reading what happens next. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still mad at you for letting Spring die, by the way. Practically every other sim in your family is immortal, but you let her die. T_T

      ... On a completely unrelated note, which sibling is your favourite? Oh why am I asking? No reason. Really! : D

      Zinna definately isn't as involved in the relationship as Blaine is and the reason for that will be told next chapter. I do hope that Gem procreates in this legacy as well. Can't wait to see his kids.

      Delete
    2. I was rereading this so I could refresh my memory what went on before-- and I just now read your reply. I'm sorry about that---I wasn't even aware that you were still reading my story! Uh, she was happy, that counts right? Maybe you'll like [! spoiler alert !] Jack then, he really reminds me of her. Once I get there anyway, he's barely a glimmer in Colin's eye story wise at the moment, haha
      To protect the innocent I'm not saying which sibling was my favorite.... =)
      Now off to read your new chapter!

      Delete
    3. Oh no worries. After you didn't respond I decided to play things safe and torture all of them. : )

      I look forward to meeting Jack.

      Delete
  8. Whoa it was Hassim?!

    I like this time travel element. When I first saw Fawn's name, my mind backtracked, "wait, wasn't she...", and then you mentioned Gem and it all came back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not so much time travel as alternate universes. : ) In the Sari legacy universe, Gem married Fawn and had two children by her. One of whom brought seasons back to the world. However in this universe seasons never disappeared! So who knows who Gem will end up with. Or who Fawn and Sophie will end up with even.

      Delete
  9. Congrats for managing to make it back! Laggy game or no. My goodness they've been through a lot haven't they? wow. Hopefully things look up a little for them pretty quickly. Though judging by the end it has. Will we see much more of Alexis? or is she a little too wrapped up in Dora to make many appearances? I'm super glad you let Dora find Alexis and get them back together. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexis will be around. I do want to showcase the three different ways she and the twins deal with trauma. None of their ways are healthy, but she completely withdrew from everyone. I'm hoping to show her healing process without downplaying the fact that she did go through a shit ton in her life.

      Delete